MC. 201 – BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Objective: The objective of the course is to acquaint students with the concepts of macro – economics and the macro environment in which a business organization operates. The course would also make the student capable of analysing and understanding the macro-economic policies of the government implemented from time to time and assess their impact on business.
Business Environment: Cultural, social, political, technological, economic and legal environment -scanning – techniques of environmental forecasting – SWOT – Internal environment – their impact on policy formulation.
Economic reforms in India – Liberalization – privatization and globalization – Competitive Strength of Indian industry – Impact of liberalization policy on different sectors – Foreign Investments policy in India. Multi-national corporations – Their participation in India – Their strategies, competitive strengths policies and performance.
Industrial Policies: A brief review of industrial policies since independence, Industrial policy of 1991 and recent developments, Policy on foreign direct investment in Indian industry. Fiscal Policy: Public revenues, public expenditure, public debt, development activities financed by public expenditure, an evaluation of recent fiscal policy of Government of India – Monetary Policy: Demand for and supply of money, Objectives of monetary and credit policy, recent trends – Role of Finance Commission. Integration of World’s economies and its impact on Indian Business.
Money and Capital market: Features and components of Indian Financial system, objectives, features and structure of Money market and capital market, recent developments – Stock Exchanges, Investor Protection and Role of SEBI. Legal Framework: Consumer Protection Act, 1986, Right to Information and Right to Service Acts and its implications for business.
1. Wheelen, Concepts of Strategic Management and Business Policy, Pearson Education, New Delhi.
2. William Gluck & L R Jauch, Business Policy & Strategic Management, McGraw-Hill., New Delhi.
3. Kazhmi Azhar , Business Policy, TMH
4. Gupta, Liberalisation – Its Impact on Indian Economy, Macmillan.
5. K.V.Sivayya and VBM Das: Indian Industrial Economy, Sultan Chand Publishers, Delhi.
6. Suresh Bedi: Business Environment, Excel, New Delhi.
7. Francis Cherunilam: Business Environment – Text & Cases, Himalayan Publishing House, Mumbai.
8. M. Adhikari: Economic Environment of Business, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.
9. Prof. Laxmi Narain : Globalization , Liberalization and Privatization of Public Enterprises, Sultan
Chand & Co., New Delhi.
10. Pandey, G.N., Environmental Management, Vikas Publishing House.